Sunday, February 12, 2017

Miles Davis - So What: Very soulful and easy to listen to.  The track follows a similar melody throughout but I like the slight variations in supporting sounds all the way through as well.  Really balanced and cool.

Parliament Funkadelic - Mothership Connection: Fun song, and the entire album I liked.  Had a really smooth bounce to it, definitely makes you want to dance.  I connected to sound to Bruno Mars in the way he sometimes calls listeners directly to get involved.  Really smooth and fun.

Charles Mingus - The Chill of Death: Very ominous and cool storytelling.  Getting deep into the song it is pretty intense.  It felt like something out of a play to me, and there were constant twists and transitions, and never really let up.  Awesome piece.

James Brown - The Big Payback: Classic sound. Love the lyrics and backup vocals too.  Beat was cool throughout and thought the outro was cool and interesting.  Overall great track.

John Coltrane - My Favorite Things: Awesome track (and album), another one that you can just get lost in easily. Very soft, upbeat, and I can easily put this as ambience music 24/7.  Classic sound and don't see myself ever getting sick of this.

No comments: