Sunday, February 26, 2017

Listening assignment

Black Sabbath.. "Supernout" Great start. I like how one guitar introduces the other one and then you can hear a steady beat. The beginning vocal is what I call great for classic rock. The guitar solo starts playing and it's awesome I've always like guitar solos specially because I used to play this kind of music. The song consists more of what the guitar is telling us, very few vocals. Then there is this sound that I can't describe but reminds me of kids toys. Ending is very similar to the beginning, so I will say that this song kept a really steady beat, great solo and few vocals.

The Ramones, "I wanna be seated" I remember this song and it has not change how awesome it is. It starts with that rhythm that you wanna dance to it and also gets stuck in my head. The guitar has a steady rhythm the same as the battery. Then they change the lyrics by the end where they just say papapapa and is one of those things that you get stuck in your head.

Iggy Pop and The Stooges, “1969”: the begging starts very nice, they pull the strings of the guitar and then seems like it slows to a repetitive rhythm. The song seems to be like for cowboys. Seems like it came from the west. The vocals aren't that great, he seems like he is just talking and telling a story. The guitar are at least changing the rhythm a little bit but then they come back to the same one from the beginning. They have a solo which is great, battery still with the same rhythm so I'm not sure if this will be a solo but I'm sure this part the guitar is showing off and is awesome. I would say is a good song but not of my liking.

Television, "See No Evil”: This at the beginning seems to be just a guitar. Sound coming out of the amp is great. Then there's a pause which then introduces a new rhythm and then speeds up a little bit and then slows down. I would say that this is more of a guitar piece than a song, it sounds great and at the same time is very relaxing. Too short for me

No comments: