Sunday, February 26, 2017

Listening Assignment 02.26.2017.....................

Supernaut, Black Sabbath:
The solo in this song is so amazing, from the guitar to the drums and he lead singers voice is unique. So I knew that the voice and song had sounded familiar, only to realize it was a guitar hero song that we played growing up. Probably my favorite song out of this list for this week. It’s even lovelier knowing that they were on a boat load of drugs while making this music.



I Wanna Be Sedated, The Ramones: 
Call me crazy but this was my least favorite song, for some reason it annoyed me? It just sounds so repetitive with saying “I Wanna Be Sedated” at the end of every sentence. I enjoyed the instrumental but just not the lyrics or the “bah bah bah bah” at the end of the song. 



Iggy Pop, 1969:
The beginning of the song had a sort of psychedelic feel and went straight into an upbeat. It’s also nice because the lyrics don't drain out the songs beat, like there isn't to many that I'm so focused onto it and letting the beat go in through one ear and out the other. The guitar solo has some pretty cool riffs and its an easy song to clap along too.



Television, See no Evil:
I pictured this as a beach song in the late 70’s and I'm not really sure why, I think it might be because of how chill it is. Guitar solo was great just like all the other ones, and I came around to like the drums and, well I couldn’t tell if they were drum cymbals or tambourines. Didn't really enjoy the outro to the song though, mainly because he repeated the same lines two or three times until he jumped to the next one and so on and so forth.



No comments: