Monday, April 3, 2017

Ted Ex Sound: Extra Credit April 3 2017
The first example he used with the bacon and rain made me rethink my life for a second lol. I’ve seen some sound design stuff on the sound production of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, but you never really notice how much of the sounds you hear are fake in movies. Sometimes when it comes to sound you can sort of tell that things don’t match up or that they sound off, like when he “broke the bone” and then reveals to you its them breaking celery. Even if you had put that in a movie, I would have known that something was off which has happened in some movies for me. However I loved when he gave the example of the reverb and how you can use it for a flash back, a voice in someones head or god (Morgan Freeman). I also love how he can be informative and still be entertaining to the viewers even if he says some corny jokes. I’ll have to put in a little more thought while watching movies with sound now, in a way I feel likes it’s ruined it a bit. What happened if I start seconds guessing every sound in a movie?!

No comments: