Sunday, March 19, 2017

Weekend Listening -Public enemy, Beastie Boys, Nirvana

Public Enemy - Don't Believe the Hype
I’m a big fan of Public Enemy, mainly because my father played their music all the time.  Don’t believe the hype is the type of song I wish was being made nowadays. The song is fun, upbeat, and the MCs are actually legible and are actually saying things with meaning.

Beastie Boys - So What Cha Want
I was never a huge fan the Beastie Boys other than a few songs here and there. However, “So what cha want” is a pretty cool song. My favorite part of the song is when verse finishes and that guitar riff plays. I do also enjoy the Beastie Boys blend between rap and rock.

Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit

Smells Like teen spirit is possibly one of the most iconic songs of the 90s. I absolutely love the guitar playing throughout. All you have to hear is the first second of this song to instantly recognize it. My absolutely favorite part of this song is the vocals by Kurt Cobain. The vocals are so catchy and I like how the song switches up from being calm to Cobain just singing his heart out.  Overall this song just has so much energy and emotions around it. I just love it. 

No comments: