Thursday, March 16, 2017

Listening Assignment - 90s

Listening Assignment
Public Enemy – Don’t Believe the Hype:
            This Public Enemy track was very motivating it made me wanna get the fuck up and do something, I just wanted to change the world with my FISTS, on some black power panther shit. I don’t know, it really just got me Hyped (no pun intended), I just like the Funky Rhythm and Speech of Old Hip Hop music, I like music that tells you to go out there and do some shit. And yes, I don’t believe the Hype, I only believe that TRILL = True and Real #Facts #Church #Words man. I never trusted the media, that’s why I hate social media, but on some real shit, I feel like this song basically makes viewers aware that they is something going on in the radio industry, TV Industry, Movie Industry, whatever industry really but I do think you have to be able to delineate what’s real (Remy-Ma) and what’s fake (Nicki-Minaj_fakebootyhavinass).
Beastie Boys – So What Cha Want:
This Beastie Boys song hit harda then a mother-Shut-yo-mouth, damn I was feeling these white boys more than a Catholic Priest… XD Haha, okay all jokes aside though the beat was funky and the rhythm was rock’n’roll like so it still felt white to me, but like the song gave me energy and made me feel like doing something (not really productive but just crazy) like jumping off a building and then doing some Parkour! I like the way they dressed in the video too even if it was normal, they rocked a Beanie and I like rockin my beanie, so together we are the Beanie Brothers.
Nirvana – Smells Like Teen Spirit:
            Here we are now, Entertain Us! I already knew about this song before, and every time I listen to it I just get angry (because I’m pumped lol… so basically off adrenaline) but yeah, I really like the song, I don’t know what else to say about it other than I love the Grunginess to Kurt’s voice. By the way I can never say I’m a Nirvana fan because I feel like this is the only song I know by them, but maybe 90% of the people who claim they like Nirvana only know this one song too lol so I don’t feel that disrespectful. So yeah, if anyone else knows any good Nirvana songs please post so I can be “Entertained”.  


No comments: