Sunday, March 5, 2017

Listening Assignment Genesis, Yes, Pink Floyd

Genesis - Carpet Crawler
I really enjoyed this song for how calming it is. The vocals are soft spoken and the instruments have this hypnotizing effect to it. When the song begins to pick up after 2:30 I really love when they begin to harmonize with the lead singer. I would definitely listen to this again.

Yes - Long Distance Runaround
This piece is very unique. The way the song began it sounded like the default ringtone on a cell phone or upbeat elevator music. However, after 40 seconds the song switched up drastically to a more relaxed tone, in which I really enjoyed. In addition I enjoyed the combination of the bass guitar, piano, and drums.

Pink Floyd - One of these days

For the first 40 seconds this song sounded very quiet and sounded very ominous to me since all I could hear is wind. I like how the song gradually picks up throughout adding different instruments to the mix. However, I’m not a huge fan of this particular piece.  It just seems like one long guitar solo.

No comments: