Tuesday, September 3, 2013

MOOG


Its satisfying to see the pioneer of synthesizing sound comes from my home state of NC. The comment “It’s somewhere in between discovering and witnessing” is one of my favorite quotes of the film. Moog had to enter and uncomfortable place in sound exploration to create what he did. Bob had balls to continue this journey and now you don’t have to be a musician to be a sound craftsman. Taking parts and sounds by combining them together is the whole synthesizing process. To me, part of being a craftsman, is skillfully combining parts to make a whole with dedicated detail. The guys in this film respect detail and pay a lot attention to it. I found it funny that one on Bob’s friends compares his sound making to sexual relations with a female. I Never thought about sound in that way but the more he describe it the more I agreed with that statement. Its exciting to see the growth in technology in sound and what we as humans continue to learn and explore. Thanks to the pioneer of inventing new sound and technology growing exponentially, we could just be scratching the surface with sound design.

No comments: