Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Thomas Flad

Hello, I'm Thomas Flad, and I'm in my 4th year here at UF.  I'm currently working on a double major with Advertising and Digital Arts and Science.  My ultimate goal is to make a living by creating music and/or video games, so this class is perfect.  I have little experience creating games, aside from previous BADAS classes, but I've had lots of hand on music editing experience in my life.  I played guitar in a local band called Settle 4 Nothing, and spent lots of time creating independent music in Pro Tools.  I'm hoping this class can help me learn more about various editing programs and get me that much closer to achieving my goals.

My music background is about a varied as they come.  I used to only like soundtrack music when I was young, and thought that lyrics were just an interruption.  As I grew up, I realized the elation of being able to relate to lyrics in songs, and developed more traditional tastes. My general preferences range from bands like blink-182, Muse, Green Day, MCR, and Dance Gavin Dance, to modern composers such as John Williams, Koji Kondo (Mario and Zelda,) Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy,) and Marty O'Donnell (Halo).

My 'go to' all time favorite song is The Adventure by Angels & Airwaves
http://grooveshark.com/s/The+Adventure/8niLs?src=5

My favorite all time soundtrack song is To Zanarkand from FFX.  It's emotional impact is unmatched to me.
http://grooveshark.com/s/To+Zanarkand/88uXC?src=5

And this song (Make Room by MCR) I REALLY want to use in a soundtrack, especially from the bridge to the outro.
http://grooveshark.com/s/Make+Room/505W3r?src=5

Finally, this is my favorite song from my band's EP, titled (K)nowhere to GO



No comments: