Monday, March 31, 2014

Usine Hollyhock

In regards to this program, I am fairly confused. I played around with a few of the demos, and while somewhat easier to use than some audio software I've used in the past,  it was still rather confusing. Finding the buttons for even just saving your work was a challenge. It comes with a small compliment of different filters and synths, though this is offset by the confusing nature of the interface.

The interface itself is fairly easy to work, though the buttons are hard to read, and knowing where tools and racks are comes with practice. The other pieces of the interface are fairly simple to understand, though I had problems with using some of the pieces at first. Compared to "professional" pieces of software like Ableton, it could use a bit of polish, but given the time it could be a competitor with these softwares. I personally prefer Ableton.

No comments: