Monday, May 8, 2017

Late Homework Dump #2



O Superman- Laurie Anderson
Really unconventional piece that is almost uncomfortable to listen to, robotic voices. Part of it plays out in the form of a phone call. Sounds almost like the lyrics were protesting taxation.

Through the Looking Glass- Midori Takada
Very soothing album of ambient music and sounds, forgot i was listening to it at some point. Really great background stuff.

Perfect Lives- Robert Ashley
A talking with light music in the background, it kind of reminds me of sheryl crow’s all I wanna do, and it’s interludes of her speaking. A little long though ( I didn’t listen to all of it)

Study for Player Piano No. 37- Conlon Nancarrow
This song is basically what happens when you let a bunch of toddlers and young kids play with a piano all at once. Slightly more organised but definitely not pleasant to listen to. The term -Modern Art- comes to mind.

Don’t Believe the Hype- Public Enemy
Pretty good example of what was known as gangster rap back in the day. Looks like people never stop complaining about the media no matter what age.

So What Cha Want- Beastie Boys
I’m not sure what to say about this one except it reminds me of “Name of the Game” by the Crystal Method. Not a huge fan of the song in general as rap is not really my genre.

Smells Like Teen Spirit- Nirvana
Sounds angsty, like edgy teenagers. first time I've listened to nirvana. Seems ok

We’ve only just begun- Carpenters
Upbeat, warm.


Horse with no name- America
Ditto, a bit more energy

The Boxer- Simon and Garfunkel
Really peaceful sounding, could nap to this tbh. Not sure if it's just me but it feels like it has a slight southern vibe to it.


The Carpet Crawlers- Genesis
Very calm slow song by genesis, a bt different from the music I know from them.

Long Distance Runaround- Yes
More light music with a faster pace, it's bouncy and alternates between fast and slow. All i can relate it to is the charlie brown soundtrack at times.

One of These Days- Pink Floyd  
Song plays around with the stereo and direction of the wind a bit it seems. Pink floyd seems to have a recurring theme of using everyday sounds in his music, door knocking and wind are in this one.

Supernaut- Black Sabbath
This is the noise disgruntled parents were talking about back in the day I can only assume. Not my cup of tea.

I Wanna Be Sedated- Ramones
Upbeat rock, this one I can appreciate. Upbeat. I actually really liked this one.

1969- Iggy Pop & The Stooges

Sounds exactly like what you would find in the dictionary for in a vehicle documentary music.

No comments: