Thursday, February 11, 2010

Various Assignments

Sound Unbound Listening Assignment
I listened to "Untitled in Cof Minor/A Valentine to Sherwood Anderson (DJ Spooky Remix)". For the first bit it reminded me of the music in a bar (almost like the bar in Star Wars). For the last half it kept that feel with a voice being remixed on top. The voice sounds like an old recording of some sort and reminds me of an old public service announcement. The bar sounds mixed with the old recording creates this surreal celebration of the past. DJ Spooky is mixing up this old recording in an exciting, if not a bit crazy, way.


Pro One Project
Here is one of my recording sessions on the Pro One. I started with the "Frequency Modulation Bells" setting in the manual.

Errata Erratum Project
I slowly pulled away all the objects to make it silent.

Cecilia Project
A cool effect made in Cecilia.

Ableton Project
I remixed some of "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree".


2 comments:

Ed Salsberry said...

Can someone tell me how you saved your work in the Errata Erratum project? Thanks.

Brittany said...

I also listened to Medley: Untitled In C Minor/A Valentine To Sherwood Anderson. It actually produced a lot of anxiety for me. The constant beat in the background sounded like the fluttering of a tortured butterfly by some wicked child as he held a magnifying glass in the sun. The whole thing kind of stressed me out. I did, however, love Timedots 3. If Wall-E and Eve had sex, that's what I think it would sound like.