Sunday, April 2, 2017

Lamar- Ted EX on sound Design

Ted EX on sound Design


After watching this video, it really got me thinking about every single film I’ve ever seen in my life. Now I realize that almost everything I’ve heard in a movie was probably created by something completely different. I just found this Ted Talk extremely fascinating on how in depth and creative they get with creating these sounds. Never have I considered how much goes into sound design.  Now when I watch a film I will second guess what I am hearing. If there is a rainy scene I’m going to wonder if I’m just listening to bacon crackling. Whenever there’s a “quiet” scene I’m going to listen for subtle sounds that may be playing in the background. In addition, I’m going to see how they use different sounds to manipulate a scene to make it scary, funny, intense, etc... It's amazing how sound can influence how you feel and think.

No comments: